Vinyl flooring is popular with its water resistance, easy cleaning, attractive appearance and low cost. Because of this, they are noticeable in almost every home – mainly in rooms such as kitchens and bathrooms. Proper care and reliable cleaning agents are required to prolong their lives. Although it is typical that after a few years they lose their shine, follow the manufacturers’ recommendations – you will see good results. Full recovery of the original appearance of the pavement depends on its traineeship, but always removing dirt and putting a suitable seal will bring benefits.
Frequent mistakes in cleaning vinyl flooring
Sometimes, in the quest for the best care for vinyl flooring, the biggest mistakes are made. You tend to damage the floor yourself instead of helping to regain its shine. Learn the basics that should not be applied to vinyl:
- Do not use abrasive cleaning products – set commercial vinyl detergents without chemical content. The other option is to use diluted vinegar or other folk ingredients
- Do not scrape on the floor with metal knives – never do it, even though it looks like the stain is easier to remove in this way. The knife will leave traces of scratches on the floor. Better make a suitable solution and wipe with a soft microfiber cloth
- Do not rub too hard and use appropriate brushes – it is very important to find a brush that will not damage the floor. Vinyl flooring requires a soft brush that will leave no traces and remove the upper glossy layer
- Do not wet the floor too much – cleaning with water is inevitable, but a wet rag will do a great job. Excessive water will penetrate between the cracks of the tiles and will deform the entire base. So try to achieve a wet effect and forget about soaking. Drying or good ventilation is then required
- Do not step on the floor to dry completely before – traffic in the room is absolutely prohibited during drying, because otherwise the effect will be zero
- Put the felt tips on the furniture – it’s mostly about tables and chairs because they move most often. This positioning from one place to another creates a condition for scratching. Take care with chairs with wheels – replace them with softer rubber if available
Ways to Restore Vinyl Flooring
Regular floor maintenance
Maintenance of the vinyl floor is not difficult but takes time. The most important advice from professionals is to apply cleaning every day. Even daily cleaning with a vacuum cleaner that only removes dust and surface dirt can save your floor longer. It is important that the brush is soft or that you use a soft brush
Step 1: Any maintenance on the floor, regardless of the material, starts with removing all debris – dust, mud from shoes, small stones or other dirt. Over time, these almost inconspicuous residues can cause scratching and yellowing of the floor.
The preventive measures you can take are putting different small carpets in the more threatened places of pollution (on the front door, in front of the kitchen sink, etc.) as well as removing the shoes out of the dwelling
Step 2: Wipe spills immediately. It does not matter whether you have spilled a pale liquid (water or juice), it is important that moisture on the floor is minimal despite the material’s durability.
The immediate response to hurt by a family member is a must because the drying of orange juice, coffee, wine and any other liquid causes yellowing in time. Better try to keep your good looks as long as possible
Step 3: If you want to look deeper for vinyl flooring, the easiest option is to use a vinegar and water solution. Vinegar is harmless, hygienic and neutralizes odors. It is an ideal ingredient for periodic maintenance of vinyl. Keep in mind that the room will smell in the familiar way, but vinegar has the ability to quickly evaporate.
Of course, you can always add oil for fragrance – for example, jojoba, lavender and others. Be careful with the wiping agent – it should be a soft cloth or cloth
Step 4: If you have not achieved the result you are looking for, look for a more aggressive tool in your trading networks. It is important to look for a cleaner that is specifically designed for vinyl flooring. Consult the sales consultants and read the contents. You have to be convinced that it is completely harmless in order not to put additional chemicals in your home that have a negative impact on health
If you have used a vinegar solution so far, you can also add liquid soap – about 1 tablespoon for deep cleaning. Everything is mixed and sprinkled with a nebulizer on the contaminated area. Once you see a satisfying effect, you can pass the rest of the room by dividing it into sections. The action is spraying and wiping (with a microfiber cloth or soft cloth) and then the next line
To cope with floor changes, you can dampen a soft cloth with jojoba or WD-40 oil, then rub the dirt. Keep in mind that various stains can be removed because they are superficial, but not the scratches that lead to permanent damage. They only help with replacement
Spots are easily removable by deep cleaning with soda paste. Soda is a product that contains slightly abrasive properties that have the ability to “loosen” the stain. The ingredients are only soda and water. Once you have the desired consistency, use a soft cloth and rub the paste over the dirt
For makeup or ink stains you can apply a deep cleansing with alcohol or alcohol on such a base. Take care with acetone products that can damage vinyl, but alcohol has a proven effect
Cleaning with a cloth is sometimes ineffective, especially if it is a more persistent dirt. In such cases, get a soft rubber brush or other appropriate means to make sure you do not scratch the floor
The final phase of deep cleaning is rinsing with clean water and a clean cloth or cloth. You have to make sure you have all the ingredients you’ve used. Otherwise, over time, they will absorb and cause damage to the surface
If you want to take care of the glamor that has left your beautiful floor with time, then look at the manufacturers manual. They will be most competent with regard to the sealant to use. It is possible to offer you another solution, but this will be the most accurate and correct advice. They know the material and know how it responds to a different type of treatment