Prefinished hardwood flooring is a solid hardwood flooring that is already sealed, sanded, coated and ready to be nailed in place. It is often referred to as “factory finished” hardwood flooring.
Not only that it is easier to install, it is durable and performs better over time. It is increasingly popular and in very competitive prices, compared to hardwood flooring and it is hard to tell the difference!
Advantages of Prefinished Hardwood Floors
- Prefinished flooring is easy to install. The prefinished hardwood comes already sanded and finished. Thus, it can be sanded and refinished multiple times.
- They are suited to any area of the home.
- Accessible for those with tighter budget who particularly are looking for exotic woods.
- Home owners do not need to vacate their homes during installation.
- No foul odors or dust from sanding of woods while it is being installed.
- Prefinished Hardwood Floors are ready to walk on immediately after flooring installation process since it doesn’t require drying or curing anymore.
Engineered and Laminate Flooring
Made of genuine wood, this flooring gives your home an updated look and feel. Engineered hardwood is made of a core of hardwood or plywood with a layer of hardwood veneer attached to the top surface. It’s more resistant to moisture and heat compared to prefinished solid hardwood. They are also much easier to install and less expensive than the usual solid hardwood or plank floors.
Engineered hardwood flooring conveys the same attractiveness of natural hardwood flooring but with much versatility. Engineered wood flooring is also often preferred to solid wood flooring because it can be installed over concrete and in basements.
Benefits of Engineered Wood Flooring
- You can install it directly to any concrete.
- With proper care, it can last for decades.
- It works well in humid areas.
- Wide range of colors and styles using different wood species.
Meanwhile, laminate flooring sometimes referred to as floating wood is a multi-layer synthetic flooring product fused together with a lamination process. Laminate flooring simulates wood with a photographic embellish layer under a clear protective layer. Since laminate is made from pressed wood, it is more durable and resistant to scratches, moisture and wear and tear. It is also easier to clean.
Other benefits of laminate wood flooring:
- Materials and installation cost is cheaper
- It is durable and highly resistant to scratches, moisture and stains.
- It is easier to clean.
Oak, Maple and Pine Prefinished Hardwood Flooring
Prefinished Oak Flooring – Red and white oak are the most common woods being used for prefinished hardwood flooring. The hard grain takes stain evenly thus, limiting color blotchiness. The grain is mostly linear.
Maple –maple hardwood flooring is creamier and lighter in complexion than the other woods. The grain is usually fine and light and the grain lines vary from quite straight to wavy or curly.
Pine – The grain is usually straight, sometimes irregular, and the texture is commonly medium and uneven. It does not usually have a high resistance to decay, but they do tend to absorb preservatives well. The wood commonly has no odor. Most pine species are not difficult to dry properly.
Why Choose Northside Floors?
We will handle your project professionally, expertly and with integrity.
Artisan Quality workmanship
All of our team members have solid background and are certified safe.
Northside has a Quality Control Inspector, who follows-up on every job
One-year warranty on all hardwood flooring materials
Our contractors operate under the strictest guidelines in regards to safety and care of your home.